Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Every day is a crazy day

I am not one of those people that bounces out of bed with a spring in my step.  I require at least 2 cups of coffee before i will acknowledge anyone.  That's just who I am.

Unfortunately, I do not live alone.  I am a single mom with three wonderful love-bugs that are part of my household.  At least one of them does not take after me, they will come and hunt me down in the morning, in my bed, where I have snuggled back under the covers whilst enjoying my first cup of coffee.  "Morning mom!" is how she starts her day, followed by a quick hug.  Oh how I wait for those moments.

The other two kids, unfortunately, take after me too much when it comes to mornings.  How they have ended the day, reflects on how they start the next day.  If they have had a disturbed night then they ususally grunt their way around me.  Too bad they are still too young for coffee!

It therefore stands to reason then that these two are the ones that I need to follow around with instructions.  "Have your breakfast", "Where's your shoes", "Pack your school bags", etc.  It drives me dilly sometimes, it's almost a pleasure once I have dropped them at school and I can once more get out of my "Drill Sergeant Mom" mode and once again function as a human being.

That said, I wouldn't swop them for the world. They are unique and special in their own way and I love them to bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment