Friday, June 8, 2012

Little bits here and there, and building plans

So it's been about a year since my last post.  So much has happened during that time.  I started (and ended) a relationship, handled the "divorce" adjustment regarding the kids.  Celebrated the anniversary of my divorce date.  Enrolled my youngest back into Play Therapy (still divorce fall-out, absence of dad stuff), and now finally am taking the step to build onto my existing house.

I have the approved plans, the re-extension on the bond monies and have met with the builder on numerous occassions now.  The last thing I have to do is sign the building contract, and there lies the root of the problem.

It's hard making these types of decisions on your own, there is no validation from anyone else that you are doing the right thing.  Singlehandedly having to make the decision that will affect 4 lives again, when you are still recovering from the previous life changing decision that you have made, and sometimes regretted.

Don't get me wrong, I have a wonderfully supportive family but they cannot make these types of decisions for you.  They are having to deal with their own daily challenges which includes my brother dealing with unemployment, my sister having a child in another country, not being there for said child's 21st birthday party,  the very real possibility that by the end of the year my brother-in-law could also face unemployment as well.

It would be nice to trust someone so implicitly that when they say "Let's do it", you follow them blindly without a second thought.  Now I find myself occupying that position for the kids, the one taking control and leading the kids through life, with the help of a sometimes weekend father.

Enough procrastination, where's that contract......

No comments:

Post a Comment