Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My deep dark secret

I have a dark secret and it's not chocolate or coffee.  I read (devour actually) books that are slightly risque in nature.  You know the ones affectionately termed "bodice-rippers" by some.  They are the mass produced variety and not destined for the best seller shelves.  Usually they are hidden in some little corner of the bookshop like moles or bought anonymously from the online book stores where a postal address is an acceptable means of delivery.

The other morning I went to collect my books with my email notification in hand.  I usually fold the paper over so the postal workers cannot see the nature of the books I was collecting.  I know, I'm and adult, nothing to be ashamed of - Right?  But still. 

The gent behind the counter takes the paper and folds it open.  "Um, actually the tracking number is on the top of the page", I mutter to myself.  To my surprise, he looks up and I can actually see the gears working in his head and the thought processes churning away. 

"Not much call for this author" he says, "it's not to everyone's taste"  Is it, is it?  Yes a glimmer of respect in his eyes.  It seems that Paranormal Romance is alive and well in the postal services.  Who would have figured?

My current fixation is Vampire Romance, nothing as tame as the Eclipse series, oh no, more along the lines of Suzanne Sizemore, Karen Marie Moning, Kerrelyn Sparks and Lynsay Sands. 

So now, who can enlighten me to some more authors I just HAVE to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment